The Department of Nephrology not only supports the team of other specilities but also has comprehensive facilities for management of renal diseases patients.
- Comprehensive care is provided for patients of Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension with kidney involvement and other general Nephrology and Kidney transplant patients. Nephrology Unit is ready to start Kidney Transplantation program in near future.
- 10 state of the art Hemodialysis Machines
- Facility of emergency HD round the clock.
- Each dialysis station equipped with monitor and TV set.
- Strict infection control protocol.
- Dedicated separate HD machine for Hepatitis patients.
- Imported RO (reverse osmosis) treatment plant
- Experienced and dedicated staff
- Free refreshment to every patient during dialysis.
Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal dialysis (CAPD)
CAPD initiation for patients living in remote areas and also for those who are unfit for hemodialysis.
Critical Care Nephrology
- Expertise in managing sick and critical kidney patients.
- Bed side HD facility available in ICU,CCU and Surgical ICU.
- Facility of SLED (Slow low efficiency dialysis) for critical patients is available in the department.
Diabetic kidney patient
- Department has special interest in managing diabetic patients with kidney problem.
- Support of Endocrinologist and Surgeon for diabetic foot complications.
- Screening and counseling for prevention of kidney disease in diabetic patients.
- Hemodialysis access placement (Internal jugular catheter, A.V.Fistula and perm catheter)
- Kidney biopsy
- Medical management of recurrent and complicated UTI and kidney stones
- Nutritional advice for kidney patients
- Care of kidney transplant patients
- CAPD (Peritoneal dialysis), home dialysis, water dialysis available
- Support of Endocrinologist and Surgeon for diabetic foot management